View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #65
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
Be patient this is sent from my phone.

For those of you looking to change bars and grips be forewarned, I've discovered why these bikes are so cheap. The stock bars have no less than three locator pin holes on them, meaning you can try drilling replacement bars which seems like and impossible task, or grind off the stubs in the switchgear pods, unfortunately when you do this you will discover that the switchgear does not clamp to the bars, it needs the pins to keep them from spinning around the bars. I solved this with a few wraps of self sealing wire sheathing, very rubbery and once applied rarely moves. On the grips front, Honda has seen fit to use one of the throttle tube grip combos that only work with each other and with no other grip or tube on earth. And the CRF250L does not use the same throttle tube as the MX models or the 230 I suspect. So if like me you wish to change your grips for grippier, higher quality grips such as renthals et al you will be left with a gap of about 1/2" and exposed plastic grip engagement molding.

Just about every honda has the locating pin for the switches, nothing new or "cheap" there, the grips do seem harder than normal and not what I would expect and the throttle pipe has its own part No. Same thing happened when the NX650 was made in Italy, hard grips!
RED1 is offline   Reply With Quote