View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
RyanR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Nice comparison I have a Sargent on my 08 KLR and it is incredibly comfortable but I paid around $400 for it. I decided to pull the trigger on the Seat Concepts seat for my CRF250x knowing that ANYTHING would be a huge upgrade. To my surprise they will cut a tailbone channel for you free of charge and they fill it with a low density foam so you get the effect of the tailbone channel without a sag in your seat-cover, nice! (When you check out just include "Tail Bone Cut Out" in the notes section). Even with this custom addition my seat was shipped out within 5 business days and in my hands in under two weeks. To my very pleasant surprise the highly affordable seat concepts saddle nearly matches my more than twice as expensive Sargent saddle on my KLR. Keep in mind the KLR is a bigger bike and the Sargent saddle is a solid 3 inches wider, so achieving comparable comfort with less space to work with is truly impressive!!

The saddle was taller than my stock CRF seat and even at the front where it tapers in quite a bit it is still wider than the stock CRF seat so it definitely makes the bike a fair bit taller. I have a 34" inseam and cannot flat foot the bike now where I could flat foot it with a little room to spare prior. I don't mind one bit just an observation.

Seat Concepts CRF250x Saddle with Sargent KLR saddle in the background

Top View. Who would have thought a dirtbike seat could be all day comfortable?