View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,245
So I know it's a bad idea to be slapping these things on and racing a rally.....but I want to play with my new toy!! Hardest part was figuring out the cables. No one has cables for the R80 2-1.....weird. Anyway, I wandered into the back of Cycle Word in Athens GA and found some 4 wheeler cables that are going to work. Had to put a barrel on the end of the carb to get the appropriate free play, but the slides open all the way!! Yippie!!! Going to buy a bunch of jets tomorrow and try to get it dialed in....I know it's a fucking stupid idea.....but if I get it running right and it pulls, by golly whats the problem with racing it !? I'll post up some pics of the install and let you know where I land with jetting... I went with 32s because I don't want bigger I want a bit quicker acceleration, that's it.

@ontic: nice kit, Hans! I just got lucky.....hoping to post up what they are off of so anyone else doing this doesnt have to dig.

@Kai Ju: I just can't stand having a new set of mikunis sitting there.....call me crazy.

And Dean and Nathan did all the brainiac work.

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 09:41 PM
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote