View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
freefallen OP
down with gravity

Oddometer: 240
Yoho National Park, Canada

Yoho National Park - Towering rockwalls, spectacular waterfalls and soaring peaks earn the park its name.

Yoho, translated it means Yahoooo! Actually Yoho is a Cree expression of awe and wonder.

This time, unlike last year, I did my cross country without any hiking or camping and I was able to pack light without the extra camping equipment. However there was one spot that I couldn’t resist taking a small hike to see. Today it was pouring and I didn’t feel up to riding far but my legs wanted to move. So I changed my plans and instead of a long ride I went on a hike. I departed towards a small mountain lake that involved a 14 mile round trip, 7 of which were uphill. Biker gear, especially boots, didn’t add any speed or comfort.

What can I say, I was very tired of walking. I only took water with me. Once I got to the top to my relief I saw a small hut that sold various stuffs. The smell of coffee and pastries tickled my nose. Just the time to refill my spent energy. A young girl poured me a cup of coffee and handed me a slice of cake but upon me handing her American money, she said they only accept Canadian dollars. And they did not accept credit cards either. Grrrrrrr……
I almost died from disappointment. Oh well, I came here for the lake.

Glacier. On the way to the lake:

Lake O'Hara:

All pictures taken by hand, dragging my tripod along would have made the hike even worse. And to be honest I wouldn’t have made it.

The place is amazing and the entire park is marvelous. Unfortunately the rain slightly changed my plans. But by the time I got to the top the rain stopped and the sun sometimes peeked out from the clouds:

The water is turquoise, be it a puddle, lake or rapids.

Would be nice to stay in that cabin:

Or kayaking on the lake:

So quiet and peaceful:

If I haven’t mentioned it yet, I have a small laptop with me where I cannot photoshop my pictures, only re-size and crop. So what you see are natural pictures.
Suzi V-Strom '12 (just bough it)
Suzi V-Strom '06 (35 000 miles), Suzi V-Strom '04 (97 000 mile)

freefallen screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 09:43 PM
freefallen is offline   Reply With Quote