View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #841
tileman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
Autodesk Fusion is another one which I think it is better than sketch up, you can see what it can do in youtube. Fusion is free until April 2o13. Every year they release a free version so the next one will be until April 2o14 and so on ... You can find it in Autodesk Labs site ...

Good point from beaney...
I downloaded this for my mac, finally a cad program that works for a mac!!!

I found it really good. Quite simple to learn with all the youtube vids and such.

Only issue I ran into was the options that didn't exist for the free version were things I think are quite useful. The ability to unfold a 3d object makes creating a part really helpful for cutting shop. There some other things that existed on the help vids but the free version lacked. If someone has a way around this please post here as I'd love to have another go at it.

I mention this as if someone was to try and design parts that they would like to manufacture ask around or even have a look at what the programs will let you do, as once you have used 1 program it can be difficult to change to another. It took me a while to learn soildworks after using autocad.

tileman screwed with this post 09-08-2012 at 04:52 AM
tileman is offline   Reply With Quote