View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #37
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Wet, wet wet.

Wow. My Oly gear got the torture test today. And passed. Had all three layers on. Temp got down to a cool 14C. But I was comfy. My boots are summer boots and not waterproof. Got around that with Seal socks I bought at a fish and game store. Completely waterproof but I could feel the water gooshin around in the boots. Even Big Girl was comfy. I'm thinkin she might even like this cool wet stuff. Never got a squeak out of her. Just the usual growl. I got knocked around by some wind but she hardly budged. Steady as a rock.
Wasn't a long ride today. Only about 350kms. But that was enough with what was going on outside. And, as I head towards the Maritimes, they are saying some Hurricanes are coming up to meet me? I feel so honored.
Got a couple of shots off but it was an ordeal to pull over, fish the camera out and shoot.

Took a ferry across a Fjord.

Saw some more cool seascapes

Gotta come back here when it's not raining.
Am now sitting it out in Baie Comeau where, tomorrow morning I will ride up the coast for another half hour to catch the Godbout ferry at noon for Matane and then up to Gaspe'.
And before I go there was this thing.

Heard about them before I left and looked for it all across the States till I found one at Guelph, Ontario. About twenty buck and they work great. And since the failure of my Drift HD camera it has allowed me to fall back on the old Cannon Powershot SD790IS for riding and taking pics. Why didn't I think of that thing? So simple.