View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #103
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Kaw View Post

Well after reading this thread it appears there is no useable "VSS" signal available on a 1200GS.

If any of your tech whiz types figure out a way...please post it here. I don't THINK I saw any solution in this thread. But if I missed it please point it out.
The link posted by BuilderBob covers the procedure. Based on the information on page 10 of that link, the VSS signal on the R12 is apparently an 'active low' signal. And needs a 'pull up resistor' in order to be a useable signal.

That all sounds perfectly normal. Except I would try using a 1/4 watt 1K or 2.2K resistor. A 300 ohm resistor seems like too low a value for a typical pull up resistor. Send me a PM if you would like to discuss it more detail.

This post here is probably the best post in the thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post15868552

Summary of the above post. Mounting the Rostra Cruise on a R12GS:
1. Convert R12GS throttle grip to a 'twin throttle cable system' using two stock R12GS cables and the throttle drum from a 1300GT. One throttle cable connects to the Bowden box as it normally would. The new 'second' throttle cable connects to the Rostra unit.
2. The Rostra unit is equipped with has a throttle cable sticking out the side. Remove that cable and make an aluminum adapter to go from the Rostra unit to the new 'second' GS throttle cable.
3. Cut the 'cable ferrule' off the new 'second' GS throttle cable and solder on a new cable ferrule in order to achieve the desired inner cable length, and fit the cable to the Rostra unit.
4. The three pin plug under the beak contains a VSS signal. The blue w/green stripe works on the Rostra Cruise with the 6400 pulses per mile setting.

Presumably the pull up resistor mentioned above is required in step 4.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote