View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #19
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
IIRC, we developed what became the H2w kit with the stock needle and the FP needle. I ran the FP version, lots of guys also used the stock. I don't think its as important. I noticed though, that in an open breathing setup that the FP needle really shines...and imho, is a necessity to get the transition from slow jet to main to work well. I found that suddenly dumping the throttle wide open with the stock needle would produce a seizure, the motor coughing and wheezing until it spooled up.

Good luck with that. I tested airjet combinations on k&n pods...back in '07. I know what I came up with on the dyno, real world, and through the use of an onboard o2 meter...after many hours and many different settings. YRMV
Well well well, luck was excellent indeed. Bike works flawlessly, bottom and midrange is identical to the prefilter setup. Top end is stronger as expected, I suspect slightly rich with the exhaust inserts (and summer temperatures), will have to try without them at some point as well as a DNA filter.

For the record, 950SE
Jetting is H2W sans prefilter with snorkel, stock airfilter/airbox and 160/165 mains
Akras with large inserts
30C @ sea level
Nothing lost compared to prefilter setup gained a bit power on top of the rev range.

mousitsas screwed with this post 09-09-2012 at 06:57 AM
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote