View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #11
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmex View Post
It has been proven time and again that lowering a suspension to "fit" is the single best thing you can do to any motorcycle to increase rider confidence and enjoyment. Only a fool would advise against lowering if it is indicated. Touratech peddles a Hyperpro lowering kit for the F8 which claims 2". In actuality it is about one inch. It is the best thing I have ever done to the F8 for both the performance improvement as well as confidence/handling. I am 6', but have a 31" inseam.

I have many friends and GF's who have lowered their suspensions, and the feedback is uniformly positive.

If I rode only pavement or fire roads, I would have left mine alone. I suspect people who claim to be doing fine with an F8 and a 30" or less inseam are simply not riding it on agressive off road venues such as Lippincott Road and Steel Pass in Death Valley.
That's the way I'd suggest you to go. Lower it if it's too high and take the lower seat if needed. Remember after a hard day of drivin you're no longer on your 100% mark. Errors are happening more than you think and your attention is down. The weight can surprise you at these moments (especially if you have some bags on it). If you have a couple of bucks left I'd lower it.

I heard that the 2012/13 models can be lowered at the frame. Maybe you should ask your dealer about that factory option!

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote