09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
yup ima hairstylist
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
POST #2 will have more info for everyone.
check in here periodically
Do I have to be an AMA Member?
But.. AMA membership is required to be entered to win a motorcycle in either the Yamaha National Adventure Bike Series or the Husvarna National Dual Sport Bike Series bike drawings - Founded in 1924, the AMA has an unparalleled history of pursuing, protecting and promoting the interests of the world's largest and most dedicated group of motorcycle enthusiasts.
Will my bike need to pass an inspection?
- Street licenced, legal motorcycles only!
- U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor.
- Be able to pass an exhaust sound decibal test. 96dB Max.
- You must have a roll chart holder installed.
Roll chart holders will be available for purchase at the event.
How many miles is it?
It will be about 225-250 miles on Friday and 225-250 on Saturday
- Depending on your chosen route.
- choose from: Easy, Hard or Adventure Routes
What kind of GPS do I need?
- You won't "need" a GPS at all!
- But if you want to use one, the tracks will be available for most any Garmin units.
- Be sure to bring your connection cable too!
Do I really need a roll chart holder if I have GPS?
- Roll Chart navigation is the tried and true navigation method
- plus.. the batteries will never run out!
What will the weather be like?
It has been COLD, HOT, WINDY, RAINY, SUNNY & SNOWY!
- Prepare for these conditions and you should be fine.
- NOTE ~ twilight 6:06AM, Sunrise 6:34AM - Sunset 4:37PM, twilight 5:05PM
What if I don’t have a riding partner?
Please look on District 37 message board to find a riding partner before the ride
- Because riding alone is not advised, we encourage you to find a partner or group on our board.
- No one rides alone! The District 37 folks make sure of that!
Are there group rates available on hotels?
Yes group rates are available for the LA-Barstow-Vegas ride
- Palmdale: Holiday Inn, 661-947-8055, mention code: AMA
- Barstow: Ramada (Ride HQ), 760-256-5673, mention code: AMA
- Barstow: or Quality Inn, 760-256-6891, mention code: LAB2V
(the Quality Inn is directly across the street from the Ramada)
- Las Vegas: The Orleans, 800-675-3267, mention code: A2AMC11
Please visit the D37 Message Board for LOTS more info - HERE
- The message board can be helpful to find transportation at various points needed before and after the ride.
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
RAZR screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 08:11 PM