View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #31
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by randel View Post
Thank you all, a lot of valuable information!
As a conclusion, I thought about following setup going from H2W prefilter setup to CPR filter when it arrives:

Main Jets 175/175 front/rear
Idle Air Jet 50
Mixture Screws 2 turns
Float Level 4mm
install Factory Pro needles (I have FP kit), 3rd clip?

Did I miss anything?
Good starting point imho. I like the 2nt clip on my bike, but they all seem to respond a little differently. If its rich on the bottom end, of if it bogs down when you suddenly open the throttle, drop her down a notch...or turn in the screws a bit...or lean the bowls more... Raising the needle smooths the transition from slow jet to main, but there tends to be a lot of bleed through with the CVRs, soaking the bottom end and I find it easier and better to leave the needle in 2. It is all about creating good throttle response and an even transition from slow to main jet...and there are several ways to do this.

I'll report back once I've got some time with it and we'll compare notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceca2002 View Post
What would be the optimum jetting for my mostly stock SE950. 2 into 1 pipe with an Acra silencer with spark arrestor. All pollution equipment removed and needles moved up one clip position. I get no popping on deceleration but it only gets about 30 mpg. How many turns out should the fuels screws be set at? The bikes runs very well as is but goes through a lot of gas. Thanks, Bruce
I don't have any experience with the 2-1 pipe but it would seem you are too rich where you run it most. Sort of to reiterate what I said above. If you were stock and only raised the needle, you have smoothed the transition zone, the 4000 rpm range where they like to cough and sputter out lean... but you have done so at the expense of enrichening your bottom end. Either turn in the screws, or lean the floats...or both, or drop the needle back down and attack the tune by first fixing the top end lean condition with bigger mains. This will also flow more fuel to the bottom and the transition. Lean the floats a mm and turn the screws to about 1.5-2 turns out. I'm not a fan of the stock needle but it can work this way.

Sporting Wood screwed with this post 09-11-2012 at 02:35 AM
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote