View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #65
Dano7619
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Jimmy Lewis References

Interesting references to Jimmy Lewis here. Took his two day Dirt Academy a few months ago. Learned a great deal, very worthwhile. On this point, Jimmy really showed me something. It is much better to have one foot flat on the ground and the other over the bike (Captain Morgan) with your hands on the handlebars than to be on both tiptoes. Much more stable and balanced. There are so many situations in the dirt that require that kind of balance. He proved this to us in practical situations. I am an MSF instructor, and always stress two feet on the ground. Jimmy harped on me, especially in the dirt, to just have one. End result, I feel more in control, particularly in the hairy situations, where the bike is in a precarious spot. You get your balance, chill for a minute, and figure out a plan. On the street, I think the ideal would be to have both feet flat on the ground, but his advice would still apply if you can't do that. With him it's all about balance. Never seen anyone with his kind of balance, or who took the time to figure out the wide variety of situations you encounter off road. The man is amazing, and a nice guy too.

Dano7619 screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 09:14 AM
Dano7619 is offline   Reply With Quote