View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by huronbikes View Post
I was pondering over how to deal with a Suzuki GT500 and its dead CDI / PEI / Caveman Transistorized Ignition module. Has anyone tried using a GM HEI module to trigger the coils on that bike, or any other sort of devious hackish substitution?

If you guys haven't seen it before, http://home.comcast.net/~loudgpz/GPZweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html demonstrates building an ignition for the GPz 4s and the 750 twins, though both are 4 strokes and I'm not exactly sure what factors need to be accounted for when trying to duplicate this for a two stroke.

Alternatively, is there an aftermarket option that doesn't cost a butt and a nut?
The way i read it, it should work fine, one module per coil. The 4 cylinder setup would be the same since those bike are a wasted spark system (it fires at TDC every revolution).
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote