View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #40
Maineroot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Fcr 41 pumper carb

Here are a couple of pics of the FCR 41 carb. Note the clearance on the header pipe. Important to buy the correct version of the FCR 41- or else there will be clearance issues.

FCR 41's have different intake housings, as well as different Accelerator Pump layouts (the wrong kind hit the header exhaust pipe). The trick is to make sure you get those two points correct- or it won't physically fit.

Wiggling it into position is a pain in the ......! but the stock boots will work. I had to loosen the bolts on the airbox in order to give some more wiggle.

Finally got it in, and I am working on getting the jetting correct.

Some notes

1. MAKE SURE that you get the longer cables with it, as well as the throttle tube off the donor bike. That way you know everything is compatible and you are not screwing around trying to fit cables to the stock throttle tube like I had to. I had to modify the longer cables that came with my carb to fit the stock throttle tube.
The cable ends were too wide, and hung up on the inside of the throttle tube.

2. Also- install a flexible fuel screw adjustment thingey. It's a tight fit to make adjustments. You will need to adjust the fuel screw at the bottom of the carb in order to get the bike to run correctly.

3. Check your Accelerator Pump functionality- you want it to be aimed correctly into the carb, as well as have the correct spray duration (1 sec). DO THIS BEFORE BOLTING IT. YOU CAN CHECK THIS ON YOUR BENCH.
I did not. But was able to stuff my iPhone into the airbox and film the squirt angle and timing.
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD: Kali Protectives, Hammer Nutrition
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flexx Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX

Maineroot screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 07:55 PM
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote