View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBrett View Post
Ask . . and you shall recieve!
I am the "poor sucker" that bought the P.O.S. and fortunately it is our job to bring this old junk back to life on a regular basis, sure, the bike was rough and a little pricey but a bike in that condition doesn't faze us at all . . . after all, we are deemed to be the "Best Triple Restorers in the World" - Whilst I would love to stop by here daily I am afraid that I just don't have the time, however, I will try and stop by weekly to update you.
Before you ask the costings, I would tell you that I have a passion for these machines and unfortunately the passion often exceeeds the profit - But I will try and keep you up to date.
Collecting from St Louis, ship to Michigan,Landed in England with all taxes and duties paid I have $5,200 into the bike.
We started on the bike 2 weeks ago and I anticipate that it will be done in 2 Months time.

First stage was to get the bike to England - Not a problem as that is my regular job now (need a bike shipping?) - Next stage is to take a few piccies and strip the bike.

Stripping to this stage was around 12 hours
Frame is now painted, wheels are being done, bodywork all painted, lots of the Chrome done, Wiring loom tidied up.
Another 20 hours and almost $2,000 with the Chrome, Zinc and Paint(s). - $7,200 and 32 hours

There is hope , Ok to the n00b hey great bike, and we are glad you bought it so, tell us about your illness ( 2stroke) and share somethings about yourself , and get us some sammiches and injector oil

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote