View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #58
fitenfyr
Dirt is Good

Oddometer: 422
The Moab GS Challenge will all be based out of the RV park on the north end of town.
You won't be moving camp at all during the event.
Jim just sent out the tracks today for the Challenge and Friday we should get the rest of the stuff.
DO NOT show up before Wednesday night for sure.
If you are planning on being in the area before then go get 'lost" on one of the great "Jeep tracks" out there and camp out is my suggestion.
There MAYBE some places in the RV park before Thursday, but nothing will be setup and ready for anyone till Wednesday night at the EARLIEST.
There is a TON of work getting this all organized.
I helped out last year and am going down again this year to get camp setup and probably serve some food during the event so trust me on this one.
If you want to get down early check out the white rim trail. In my opinion that would be a great place to kill a night if you wanted to.
I am going to try and sneak out and ride it Wed or Thurs myself if I can find somebody to drag along.
See ya there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Farmer View Post
Fitenfyr,
It looks like you are correct. I just got an email yesterday from Jim at Rawhyde saying they were busy with the CD trips. My original question to him was what exactly the entry fee covered and here was his response "the ARC includes… a shirt, camping fees, all meals (8 of them) , a beer and beverage package, maps of the area, … 15 documented rides ". My only other question was getting between the campsites. If the terrain was too gnarly I planned to remove panniers but it sounds like I should expect to keep it all loaded up. Please let me know if you hear something different.
Thanks
2005 F650GS
http://www.jasonstiffey.com
fitenfyr is offline   Reply With Quote