View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #114
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
This will likely be the last update before flying over the big pond. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive thus far and encouraged us to continue sharing our story.
To avoid risk of injury, riding has been out for the past week or so, and Josh has been focused on other cross-training activities. Mountain biking has really proven to be one of the best (and his favorite) training activity.
Last Saturday he had the unique chance of participating in the first ever Utah High School league mountain biking race in Park City, Utah. He enjoyed it and we owe big thanks to ENVE Composites. Josh works for ENVE and they have been super good to him in providing flexible employment, and some of the sweetest wheels on earth in the cycling industry. They are also one of his key sponsors for Germany.

Tire practice has been on the agenda as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpqCu-8ArXQ
A couple of days ago, some of the Team USA goodies started to show up. I didn’t think we would ever see one of the famed “Skunk Helmets” in our house, but I couldn’t have slapped the smile off of Josh’s face when it arrived.

Team Jerseys also showed up. I love the Red, White, and Blue. A quick stop at LocalHeroMX.com for some screen printing, and now they’re personalized:

Later this evening, we drove down the street and discovered this:

Thanks to the community and friends who are so excited for Josh and our family.

An entire summer full of preparation and anticipation are over and now it’s time to get serious and make this happen. We’ll be flying out Saturday morning, arriving in Germany Sunday morning.
Thanks for riding along this far, and time permitting, I hope to be able to keep everyone updated with more insight into the 2012 ISDE.
For some additional great insight, photos, and links to other Team USA rider blogs, be sure to follow Steve Berkner’s site:
http://eyeonsixdays.com/