View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
Lucky 7 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Day 4

Utah! We woke up to our friend the shot up TV and had a bit more motorcycle repair to address:

Seems that John's fan repair of yesterday didn't take. Radiator fan no mas. The Killer shall complete the trip sans fan. Let's hope it doesn't get to hot...in the desert. So it goes, we're both ready to take some Utah sand.

Black Dragon Canyon was pretty.

A surprising amount of the TAT follows I-70 through Utah. It's RIGHT there, essentially just the frontage road. Since offroad is really only cool when paired with a feeling of being 'out there', we decided to slab through the sections that mirrored the interstate.

We found a nice city park in Richfield and had some lunch. I read my book and John took a nap.

What does Diamond dream of, when he takes a little Diamond snooze...

After lunch we're back in the dirt and resume the storm chasing that we've been doing off and on the whole way. We actually got to test out the rain gear this time.

It was still hot and the rainsuits were getting a little muggy. John invents 'The Balls Fan' (patent pending).

Tired of sweating through your jean shorts cut-offs?
Motorcycle seat a little TOO hot?

try, The Balls Fan! (patent pending)

This section made for particularly interesting riding. In the tire track, you could go about 50mph. Out of it, you could go about ten thanks to the deep, loose gravel. It was like riding on ball bearings with ice skates. Much concentration was given to stay in the tire track.

These signs were sort of unlikely out in the middle of nowhere:
Lucky 7 is offline   Reply With Quote