View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #62
Slowphil OP
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,582
Well we're under way again heading for the fabuled town of Puebla, of course lunch does get in the way so stopped in Rio Frio for a bite to eat

view from table

and because lil green booger has made demands

delicious sopa

In the morning after arriving I wandered over the Italian coffee house and had an excellent cup of coffee

but because Puebla is proud of having a huge number of churches it's time to climb on the big bus and take a gander at some of the far out ones

because I can be dazzled by bright colours I liked this one best

while riding the bus I managed to snap a picture of these guys, this is a common sight around the cities now, heavily armed police constantly on patrol, I made sure they didn't see me

Puebla is also very proud of the 5th of May which was the day 2000 Mexicans stood off 6000 French troops as they defended the city

but what they always fail to mention is that the
french returned the next year and whomped the snot out of them but the French are gone and history is always written by the winners

but back to the churches, another beauty maybe this was my favourite instead

a little closer look at some of the towers

and because man doesn't live by churches alone, as my sainted mother always says the last church picture, it is beautiful in the churches but the amount of money involved in their building and upkeep must be staggering

on to the museum of the revolution

I'll start the tour with a picture out one of the windows, why? just because I liked it!

every room in the house is joined to the next two by connecting doors also
ech room had a door onto the courtyard balcony

master bedroom

living room, very formal and cold feeling

courtyard

and the one everyones waiting for
the wall and mirror in the living room peppered with bullet holes where they were standing shooting down at the government troops, things never change do they

I finally managed to geta shot of the dragons on the lamps

tours over back to daysayuno

and the centro, it always amazes me how many people use them their always crowded, old people just nsitting watching, school kids doing their homework, lovers smooching, it's constant

Followi8ng round , down the road to Tehucan

Slowphil screwed with this post 09-14-2012 at 04:11 PM
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote