View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #481
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Ok, so here's the trip so far:

I've been in Montreal now for almost a week! Talk about time flying....but last week was a busy week for me work-wise and I actually didn't get to do much. First day I was here I checked in and got myself oriented and then met Eric ('sup, holmes!) at the Orange Julep landmark. We hung out in Little Italy with his friend Natalya--a pretty hardcore chick from Romania who rides an R6. Like an idiot, I didn't take any pictures, so y'all are going to have to just use your imagination for now.

Tues. met up with some of the Ducati dudes at (randomly) the exact same cafe. Other than that I haven't had much to report unless anyone wants to see webinar invites, Excel spreadsheets or screenshots of my sent folder in Outlook...

Montreal lives up to its reputation of being a very European city. The 'old' architecture is a mixture of French and English - the former are easily spotted due to the 'rough' stone texture, while the latter is smooth. Walking around you hear a mixture of French, English and Arabic and they have enough cultural diversity here to put any big city to shame.

The city is clean, the crime rate is low and the taxes are high. (Prepare yourself, Obama Nation--tax hikes are on their way!) Unlike Toronto, everyone here seems to like to talk politics and are fairly outspoken about what they do/do not like with their government.

More to come.....

AntiHero screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 08:51 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote