View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #66
Slowphil OP
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
There I was travelling down Mex 135 running through the little town of Tepanco minding my own business when a beautiful old church popped up on the side of the road so lets stop and have a little look

There were 3 old guys digging grass out of the cobblestones in the courtyard but I didn't think they'd appreciate having their picture taken so here's the beautiful old wood doors instead

after the old guys knocked off for lunch I got a picture of the courtyard

but off down the road, I mentioned before so many little towns had impressive entrances, this is the style on this road

I had decided to be off the road early today so stopped at Tehuacan, a surprisingly nice little town well worth a stop to see, stayed at the Hotel Plaza Iberia, Av Independencia Oriente #211. A beautoiful example of colonial era houses turned into hotels

upper interior balcony

courtyard scene at night

and the food in the restaurant is top knotch - Chiles En Nogada

went in to the church at the centro and stumbled into ths scene of marital bliss

the best shot though was tyhe flower girls trying to save the flowers

the centro was a happening place on a Saturday night

The Angel of Death is a real great guy to buy a prediction from but he was busy

clowns really made the crowd laugh

and this guy was trying to entice me into a store to buy something, he seemed so enthused I'd thought I'd snap a picture and he really liked that

I'm afraid that as in every night it started to bucket down rain, the crowds dis appeared, I had a cerveza and headed back to the colonial mansion

but one more because even rain doesn't stop mischief makers, the crowd that was gathered seemed to consider it part of Saturday night entertainment though

Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote