Thread: Yuta North
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #44
dirt4me OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Update 9-15-12

I finished up with my Saturday chores; watched two terrific grandkids play in their soccer games, figured it was time to head out. Go west… I thought, so it is…
As I headed west at Malad and looking forward to seeing the Curlew Grasslands, I noted that the numerous patches of scrub oak and some of the aspen had changed over to their fall colors. The majority of the terrain was covered in sagebrush. Nearer to town, thousands of acres of hay being put up after one last cutting.

This may not be the loneliest road around, but in the 2+ hours I spent out here I saw one truck headed the same way as me and one biker and one car coming towards me. Very quiet.

I looked over many a hill trying to find the grasslands, found the sign but not really anything I would call grasslands. Sagebrush yes, grasslands, hmmm, they were probably over the next hill left unexplored.
I sat and listened to the wind blow, drinking my bottle of water, thinking about those folks that lived out here in these homes and the families they raised, what were their lives like. This area reminds me of where my dad was raised near Neely, ID.

These boots ain’t made for hiking but they’ll do.

dirt4me is offline   Reply With Quote