View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
doc moses
fearlessly flatulent

Oddometer: 66
Paul/Dante:

There is nothing wrong with a little salespersonship but I do think that claiming pricing equity based on adding armor and whatever else to the Barbour is a bit unrealistic. The Barbour (without armor) is just not going to be the road jacket the motorcycle specifc Belstaff model is. They are obviously not made for the same market/use. What is the name of the company who writes your paycheck?

Most importantly, and more to my point: You did not mention the Aerostich, I am not sure where it prices against the Belstaff but it is heavier, armored, and draws tighter in a much more comfortable manner than does the Belstaff. Which summarizes to dryness and more comfort for riders in real road conditions. In my considerable wet weather experience it is the better jacket. I would be interested in your opinion (as a motivated seller) as to how the Belstaff stands against the Aerostich Falstaff.

Now if I may ask, are the Belstaff motorcycle specific jacket products made in Italy as are the fashion oriented jackets?