View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #59
8trackmind OP
Housebroken Jackalope

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2little View Post
Just discovered this thread. Great tn travels. Keep it up!
Come on over the Centerville for Ribfest this October. It's been a. Great weekend. This year, the BMW club has taken it over, but it's still open to all. Great clamping, crowd and roads. Search for it.(sorry...don't have a link handy).
Next time you head East, ping me...
Thank you! I'm trying.
Found it. Looks to be a real hoot. If I skip Barber this year, I may come annoy you guys.
http://www.bmwmcon.org/ribfest.php

Day two, the arduous journey back to Casa Del Eightrack.

Hmm, looks like rain.

Had to uh...brush my teeth...

Did about 100 miles on HWY100 and stopped for vittles in Chickasaw park.

In many ways my months of research and years of pondering had finally paid off. I was able to prepare a few cocktails, sleep well, make coffee, and I was able to get all the crap back on the bike with minimal "Jed Clampetedness". I tried to keep it as simple as I could and so I didn't take a lot of extra stuff. (model rockets, lego set, stamp collection and etchasketch were all left at home...this time)

...So the part I didn't talk about was how it felt to be fairly self sufficient on a bike. I've ridden, and I've camped, but this was the first time to combine the two. I'm sure many of you have done this before, but it was new to me. It was a cool feeling to know that another boundary had been knocked over. Now, I can get snockered, pass out and make coffee...ANYWHERE! Not really, but it does feel good all the same.

8trackmind screwed with this post 04-15-2013 at 05:37 PM Reason: Doh!
8trackmind is offline   Reply With Quote