View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #156
Dakar83 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Hello poz960

Thanks for the comments and yes I believe you are right I think it is the same bike you sold, small world indeed, seeing it at the Perth workshop was my inspiration to pursue this build. I like your projects, very nice indeed.

Hi GSD4ME I have not yet tried out the Lynx lights at night, I am still waiting on the forks to be returned, but I will certainly let you know what they are like. The guy I spoke to at Brittania composites talked me out of the HID high beam for the Lynx saying that compared to standard lighting the Hella units in the Lynx would be significantly better and the HID would not be necessary. So optimistically I wait to see! The fairing is good, I have added a windscreen extension as I am 6'5" it does the job and I can raise or lower the screen in seconds which is great when transitioning from the road to off road, very happy with this config. It also accommodates the Garmin Zumo nicely, I will post some picks when I get the bike back.
As for the Mitas Dakar front tyre so far so good, it corners well, grips well and so far is not noisy. I have Heidenau's for R1200GSA they are great but get noisy as they wear in.

Hey Mike I am not ready for the hydraulic centre stand yet! cheeky bugger ;-)
I can lift the R1200GSA onto its center stand easily so why should I put up with the wrong configuration on the HPM. I think the new Center stand from Swt-De should sort it out.

More to come in a couple of weeks...

Dakar83 screwed with this post 09-17-2012 at 07:08 AM
Dakar83 is offline   Reply With Quote