View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Day 1.Sept 17 442 kms Home to Williams Lake

This morning I waited with the kids for the school bus, checked the bike over one more time, kissed my wife, twice, and headed out on the road. I had to run into town first to pick up yet another prescription that should help with the medical issue I have been dealing with (Click HERE, post #1)

While waiting for the prescription, my phone rang. Turns out one of my 8 year olds had, while on the school playground, tripped and landed face first on a bee.

I met my wife at the school, gave my girl a hug and promised I wouldn`t kiss her J

I said goodbye again, kissed my wife again, and I was on the road.

I have only had the bike a short time, and had gone over it carefully, replacing and fixing what was needed, but it was still an old bike unknown to me, so I took it easy, stopping occasionally to check things out on the way. I have had old Harleys before, and am quite accustomed to daily and even hourly maintenance. I am sure this bike will be no different. Locktite is my friend J
Except for bit of pinging, which I straightened out by tweaking the timing, the old girl ran like a clock. After the first 2 or 3 hundred kilometers, I was feeling a bit more confident with it.

The weather was warm, bordering on hot. I didn`t stop much, except for gas and to look the bike over until I got to McLeese Lake, where I found some shade to stop for a break.

I rode as far as Williams Lake, to my good friends` house.

Inmate Sonic1c, his better half, and their 2 dogs, Shrek and Fiona.

I hadn`t seen them much in the last while, so it was nice to visit and talk about old times
BC Brian is offline   Reply With Quote