View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,142
Here is my trail of choices. Before that: I would buy Tiger 5 times again if needed. It is most universal do-it-all and in nice way bike I see on the market (besides F800GS).
I was looking/testriding F800GS (no way on ergos and did not like it on paved roads), KTM990SMT (nice, but limited area of use and injection rather horrible), Tenere 660 (engine is way too weak down low even comparing to my old DR800), KTM690 Supermoto (this one was close call. Great bike. But luggage a problem and passenger is no-go and seat is made of badly cut wood log).
Multistrada 1200 - too fragile for me and a bit more than I need.
KTM990 Adventure - no point, I am not real good offroader and bike is tall and big for me. Will be shame to ride such machine on pavement mostly and it is still KTM and I just can't trust them 100%.
BMW 1200GS - nice to ride but no go. Too heavy and troublesome cost-wise.
Supertenere 1200 - very well balanced but boy it is heavyweight. I do not need all this extra cc for so much weight. And (forgive me owners) did not inspire me coming from other twins. It is powerful and fast, no question.
Unusual attempt with Ducati GT1000. I just love it, but too fragile and totally off charts what I need bike for.
Varadero - no chance. Great motor, did not like everything else.

Morini Granpasso 1200. I was buying it. Seriously. I lust after that bike for long time. But I was not able to find one new to buy! Seriously! No dealership had one! And I wanted new.

Tiger XC test with new "firmware" loaded ticket ALL boxes for me, plus I was blown away by elasticity of that motor. 50 kmph in 6th? No problem. Overtakes in 6th? No problem. Going big up to 10 000 rpms - no problem.

Sorry about long post. I have 7000 km on my Tiger XC and still ecstatic. All of my friends who tested it said "this is bike that can do anything and do it well!"
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote