View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #69
rburkat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Time for an update....

I just got back from a 1500 mile ride to Bend, Oregon for the KTM Rally.
First time in Bend, and it seems like a great place to ride with terrain ranging from desert to wooded single track.

Posted a video here http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=317 of riding my 990 loaded up on some baja like tracks. Sandy desert trail with some small whoops and rocks sprinkled in.

I also rode this stuff at night to test out my lights and of course the guys here were right. Screw the helmet light. I tried some helmet lights and they really seem to light up any small amount of dust or even just the moisture in the air causing you to not see the ground quite right.
The dual HID setup on my bike worked well. The low beam flood was great and the high beam gave me light further ahead. It was nice though to have the standard switch on the handle bar to turn off/on the high beam when I got into dust. It was much easier to see with less light in the dust.
I still think I need a spot for long range as at around 75mph I was starting to outrun the high beam. Also having a light on a different circuit as the main HIDs would be good incase of some electrical snafu.
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote