View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #95
roger 04 rt OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutard View Post
Roger, thank you for all the details and info you have posted in this thread. I am still trying to wrap my head around much of it, but it has certainly let some light into WTF is going on inside the Motronic brain.

BUT, making conclusions about the efficacy of IAT shifters ( or other performance mods) based on their performance at temperatures well below freezing doesn't seem reasonable.
Thanks for the kind words. You're right about the IAT shifters, they should be judged on an array of merits, with measurements. The reality is that I may have made more GS-911 and AFR measurements than others. I think that WOT At redline RPMs is going to come close to overloading the injectors. But this is off track.

Many believe that Motronic Closed Loop works for small throttle andgles and up mid RPMs. The chart I'm going to show next will demonstrate just how much of the fuel table is covered by Closed Loop operation--nearly 50 degrees throttle and up to almost 7000 RPM and at 100 mph. The Motronic is reigning almost everywhere.

Next up, the chart.

roger 04 rt screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 11:15 PM
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote