View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
dieselcruiserhead OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,212
Ryman rode his bike over from Vernal and I met him around the corner from my house. We met up with Harcus, gisKEV, and The Walrus over in Midway with is a cool little town which is beautiful. We got a pretty late start that Friday night probably leaving and on the trail closer to 4:30 to 5ish...

Our original route went along the lines of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Jim, the plan is to leave 3PMish tommorrow, back Monday afternoon or evening. Leave and depart from the area.. Mostly pretty ADV light-medium bike ish higher speed. The stuff you/we all like to do. Some little areas of technical and off beaten paths and some exploring in the swell (the section I put together). SLC to Wellington, Wellington to Green River. May/likely head down to Moab. Likely Kokopelli to Grand Junction, Grand Junction to Vernal, and then Vernal back to SLC. Pretty ambitious of course, but all doable...
screen shot of planned original route:
Lolly Pop Route:
0362 to 0012, then 1 to end, and back 0012 to 0362

And what we actually did (tamed down slightly in distance, not in technical riding) through the mountains to the north, and through and the heart of central and central-southern Utah, the San Rafael Swell (the whitish area you see below, north west of Moab) . Still just under 800 miles total...

lolly pop route:
down and back between "Active Log" and "Active Log 002"
then counter clockwise on the route.

dieselcruiserhead screwed with this post 10-31-2012 at 02:15 PM
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote