View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #13
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Talking

I was riding a DR650....along with my vintage BSA twins. A lot. Still thing a good BSA twin is a hoot to ride on a twisty road....they do handle.

But the wife kept bugging me for something more comfortable for her...so we looked at:

F800GS - she hated it due to the width under the rear seat for the fuel tank. Overall I kinda liked it

R1200GSA - she loved the seat, I hated the bike....felt like I was straddling the grill of the grill of my F150

KTM SMT - I really do like this bike, but none were available for us to try out. Still a nice bike.

Tiger 800XC - ended up buying one. She loves the seat, I love the bike. This is one sweet motorcycle. IMO, a lot more refined engine than the F800. The engine is amazing. Riding it daily as a commuter and each day marvel at the engine and handling. The handling is simply ideal for my riding style....strange thing is, haven't been riding the vintage bikes at all since I got the Tiger...think this is the bike I have been waiting 40 years for! I would buy another in a heart beat if something happened to this one....