View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Cisco_k OP
Chuck

Oddometer: 42
Americas Ride - All the countries

Having recently retired, I can now make that long ride that isn't bound by how much vacation I have. My plan, actually my plan and my riding partner's plan, is to ride to Ushuaia, TDF, Argentina (the End Of the World) and be there on December 21, 2012 (the End Of the World). We both live in the Houston, Texas area and will officially start our ride on September 21, 2012, when we fly to Cartagena, Columbia. The reason for starting in Cartagena is that we shipped our bikes there but will ride them through all the countries in South and Central America as well as Mexico before riding back home. We will be riding 2011 KTM 990 Dakar models which we purchased last October.

We will actually have two ride reports going as my riding partner Joe, has started his own at http://rideeow.blogspot.com/ . You may want to check to see what he has to say from time to time because, often, we’re known to see things quite a bit differently. Additionally, Joe started his report a while back and there are a lot of photos and information about bike choice, preparation and planning as well as our shake down ride on the Trans Labrador Highway in Canada.

This trip is loosely planned and any suggestions as to places to visit and things to do will be appreciated. Our route will be from Columbia down the west side of South America and the up the east side and across the top before riding back through Central America and Mexico.

Below are photos of my bike ready for shipment and the bikes crated and on their way to the Port of Houston.

Cisco_k screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 08:35 AM
Cisco_k is offline   Reply With Quote