View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #22
fuggy OP
Canyon Explorer

Oddometer: 661
Round 2! Back to Durango for 4 days

My buds talked me into another trip to D-Town since they missed the first one due to a sick family member in the hospital. This time five of us on motos went back to ride the great trails the first week of September for 4 days. One of us ended up staying in Durango for an additional 4 days....hospitalized from a freak moto accident! Luckily we had cameras and video to document the trip for everyone to enjoy.

First, I'll start with the riding. After a 7 hours crammed in a truck from PHX, three of us arrive in Durango and hit the Hermosa T.H. around noon. We decided to take Jones up to Flagstaff-Pinkerton and then drop down Dutch Creek back to Hermosa Tr. Having never done this route before, it ended up being a great warm up ride with some nice technical bits going down Dutch.

Jones was a pretty trail. Nice and smooth, climbs were easy, and switchbacks were wide and flowing:

Jones intersected Flag-Pinkerton. We took a left(trail on the right in this photo) and immediately hit some nice aspens.

Flag-Pinkerton is a great trail! Has everything IMHO. Steep uphills, downhills, downed trees, rocky climbs, and a good mix of different trees and scenery.

Dutch Creek was also nice (take a left turn and drop down this trail, motos are not allowed on the upper end of Dutch). Trail was mostly all downhill with some tricky rock sections and narrow momments to keep you focused. I could see why some of the intermediate riders would not like this trail going up or down.

We met some local dirt bikers to the area that were out for a stroll(near top of Dutch):

fuggy screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 11:54 AM
fuggy is online now   Reply With Quote