View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #23
ADVCoot
Wandering around

Oddometer: 328
Rx4Pain...add me to the list of ADVRiders who have read your postings and have marveled at the quality of your scenic photos. Like many others, I ponder all the TAT ride reports posted on this site and have ridden part of the older Tennessee and Mississippi routes about eight years ago. Not getting any younger, I am adding the entire route to my "bucket list" for the next riding season in 2013.

Back in August 2002, a few friends and myself rode some trails in and around Moab after a week of riding the various mountain trails in the Ouray, CO area. We stopped at Arrowhead Motorsports in Moab and stocked up on a few needed supplies. Fred[I think was his name], the owner asked why we chose Moab to ride in August? He said, no one rides Moab in August. He offered up some tips and suggestions and told us to make sure to stay hydrated. He was right. The temps were close to the century mark for the three days we rode around there.

I will be riding my 1989 Honda NX250 [2000 miles since new] on the TAT. The stock 16"/17" Trailwings have given way for a new set of Vee Rubber knobbys along with doing the rear wheel swap out to a 17". I hope my photos and ride report will be just as delightful and entertaining as yours is.
"One of the things that make motorcycling so great is because it never fails to give you a feeling of freedom and adventure." Steve McQueen
ADVCoot is offline   Reply With Quote