View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
Eclecticmale OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
A Good Day

I left Hammond, LA this morning around 9:30 AM, and all was well. Today was a great riding day, 80 degrees and full of sun. The only interesting thing I noticed today was that Texas drivers, love to speed. I tried to maintain a steady 80 miles per hour, but kept getting passed by every driver. Texas drivers treat the entrance ramp to the interstate like a NASCAR driver leaving the pit, they are at 80 miles per hour before they hit the interstate. Other than that, I made it to Victoria, TX at 5:30 PM without any issues. I will head out in the morning, and get to Brownsville, but will make a stop in Corpus Christi. I will be searching for two pac-safe nets for the two dry bags, I have atop my GIVI side bags…just a little extra security and peace of mind.

Everyone, thanks for the kind words of encouragements, and I will have better pictures once I get into Mexico. Right now I am just blowing through the states trying not to stop.

Ready to ride out of Hammond, LA

Getting gas on Hwy 59 South

Motel room in Victoria, TX

2009 Triumph Scrambler
2011 SUZUKI DL650 VSTROM
Eclecticmale is offline   Reply With Quote