View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #30
fuggy OP
Canyon Explorer

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingSolo View Post
Hey Chad,

Great ride report pics and Vids. Glad to hear your buddy is healing well.

We went up that Pinkerton flagstaff trail and got hit by a HUGE downpour when we got to the top, so it was nice to see what it looks like up there in the sunshine.

Dutch Creek ? Did your group make it up the steep rock step by the creek near the Bottom ? We had to lift our bikes up the SOB, I think my Oakleys may still be up there.

I visit Durango 4-5 times a year, maybe we an connect for a trip sometime
Thanks! I was surprised how high we got on Flag-Pink trail in such a short amount of time. Bummer you guys were in a storm since the views were the best I've seen yet on that ridge. I think I know the rock step you speak of on Dutch, which is now filled in and braced with logs on the drop-off. Everything can be ridden without too much difficulty. (we were going to go up Clear Creek and connect into Jct. Creek but there was too many downed trees)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
chad, awsome stuff, no wonder u dont want to come ride w/us-cant blame you!

so, u got a new bike huh, nice

what tire are u running, looks like one we used to run A LONG time ago on our converted xr's!
grand sport??? or irc???

maybe someday i can join u guys!
Thanks Scott. That tire in the photo is a Kenda K270 Dual Sport tire (5.10-18"). It came with the bike when I got it. Thought I would hate it, but it has worked really well in all types of conditions (except sand). For this last trip I slapped on a new Dunlop Geomax M51 and I felt it worked just as good as the half-worn Kenda (the rubber is soft and pliable on the K270).

One of these days I'll get to Cali to see the 'good stuff'.