View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:39 AM   #203
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fast View Post
Scott, I have to say that you are a natural storyteller. You guys came out & got a taste of Baja with Allan & John Jr. You haven't met the other portion of real racing & what it entails. You have an advantage though in having been overseas & in combat. You are going to find many similarities. Racing is 1/3 preparation, 1/3 talent (i.e. skill), & 1/3 luck. Sound familiar ? Crucial decisions have to be made quickly with little info; there's a constant fog of information & misinformation going on. After the fact everything is 20/20 but it won't matter. What's crucial is what you do at the moment. Your adrenalin is running at 100%. Sound familiar? Don't forget that your purpose is Noble & don't forget to have fun.
That is just what Ed, has been telling me! He has no worries about us finding a way to get to the finish in time if it is within our power. The big thing is the 1/3 luck, you never know when that will runout the door on you. I am a big believer in when it is your time it is just your time, so live life and have fun with it! I would be lying if I was to say that Scott, and I are not nervous about the race but it is just the vehicle that we are driving to try and help the ones that need it.

Brett
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote