View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
Mini Trail
nb

Oddometer: 2,085
You left out the best part, the 12 hour 600 mile ride in El Rojo, Newner's barrio -themed '95 Ford F-150.

It has side pipes, 8 ball door locks a 6" Sunpro Tach with a shift light and 10,000 RPM capacity screwed into the dash (as if it is possible to overrev the 4.9l inline 6) and a rockin' system. What it didn't have was air conditioning or a fuel injection system calibrated for 10,000 feet.

We drove from 4pm to 4am through the smelliest parts of Kansas otherwise known as Kansas. It was hot and loud with the windows down and we got early warning of every stock yard or hog processor. Inexplicably we had an awesome cell signal in the middle of nowhere and were able to stream Waylon Jennings and Pink Floyd via Pandora for nearly the whole trip.

I keep meeting the coolest people because of this web site, always willing to help out when I need it most. The 12 hours in El Rojo saved me two solid days of riding the Yamaha 225 and bought me almost a whole day with my family before I had to go back to work Tuesday. Thanks again Brian.

Mini Trail screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 08:08 PM
Mini Trail is offline   Reply With Quote