Thread: Mitas Tyres
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #736
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,264
Just put a set of E07's on my G/S, and a set of E08's which I had sitting under the bench on the XT 600.

The 07's suit me, the G/S and the tracks I ride better than anything else I've tried so far, although I don't intentionally do much mud or sand. Much better than the Scorpion A/T's I had last . Running the at 28/30 for now , but I might try a little less.

I inherited a set of deathwings on the XT, so as you can imagine the 08's are a huge improvement on them.
I am running them at 22 PS F&R, as per the book, and they are excellent on both gravel tracks and bitumen at that. Much better than I expected.

At least I thought they were good , but coming down through the Bugle Ranges this morning I was flagged down by a , err, lady, in a farm ute - she pointed at the 08 and shouted - "your back tire is bald, you have been sliding all over the place every corner!"- the dozy bitch thought it was a knobby with the knobs worn off!
I said that I new it was bald, and was booked in at Strath to have a new tire fitted, and she drove of shaking her head at the stupidity of people who drive in bald tires!

Beemerboff screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 05:14 AM
Beemerboff is online now   Reply With Quote