View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #32
Giddy Up
Pedal, Damn IT!

Oddometer: 55
Diamond in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
I dont know why this RR doesnt have 15 pages of replies by now; I think its awesome. Hows that KLR handling the rougher stuff? My DR is about the same and im curious if im going to fight hell doing the type of exploring you guys are
I think everyone gets caught up in the wilderness of Alaska or the mountain view scene of Colorado; it seems they neglect the beauty of places like Nevada, Wyoming, etc.. Sometimes the openness is exactly what I want to feel, and those states excel in that. Yet another report thats influencing my ride next year

Thank you, GSF1200S, I guess our RR is a diamond in the rough. In response to your KLR question, we will be doing a full gear review at the end of the report. Stay tuned for details!

I have never been to this part of Nevada, only Vegas, and the remoteness and solitude of Northern NV was great. However, we both were thinking about the possibility of a crash or a major mechanical. We would be a day from help in some sections of the NV TAT. The TAT is the real deal and I underestimated the TAT's ability to put me in the middle of nowhere on some very technical sections.

Giddy Up screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 10:22 AM
Giddy Up is offline   Reply With Quote