View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
spagthorpe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,582
I pulled the tank and looked at the levels in the front and rear. The front was up to the little white ring at the bottom of the fill chamber. The rear was a little higher than that. Looking at the ABS3 service PDF, this would appear to be at max so it doesn't look like the level is down. Just for fun, I turned on the ignition, and hit the brakes to see what would happen. I could see the level of the front go down slightly when applied, maybe a mm. Doesn't look like it's lacking for fluid.

So if there is really not enough pressure, then that would mean the servo itself isn't generating enough. Seems weird that you could get the same error at both front and rear at different times unless there was something similar to both. I'm guessing the power for both servos is coming off a main circuit board? Some sort of relays for both? They power up fine, and I hear the whine, sounds normal.

The bike only has 9,000 miles, and while I realize that some people have had faults early in the life of the units, still seems odd.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote