View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #84
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 887
Us Suzuki Peeps be representin' ......

Joe had to peel out soon afterwards back to Sylva. Joe led us to the gas/lunch spot;

I don't remember the road #, something with a 7 in it for sure tho. Half of it was broken asphalt/gravel, really cool. I found a good pee spot

The second half of that road was freshly paved curves and super smooth. Loved it! Then we took a right hand turn on Wayah Rd. to head to Wayah Bald.

A super sad fallen spirit ;

Lots of bumble bees love my bike and gear apparently while we were parked at the Bald;

After Wayah Bald, we hustled back towards the Nantahala Outdoor gear place to replenish my fuel. I won't go on my rant of those dudes in that store........

Improv of ramen noodles and spaghetti sauce, along with the sausage that Shane had leftover from the weekend shenanigans; and a yummy dinner was possible!

Next morning, Shane loaded up his bike & stuff. I loaded up my gear and cases, parted ways, he back towards home and I towards Bryson City for Mtn Perks and this;

With some luck and help from Shane and Kenny I finally found the home of the Buell I was wanting to look at, for a possible purchase.
He let me ride it to the Wedge and golly! I sure was nervous, I've been riding an enduro way too long. I need to get the Hawk running, expand my seating horizons. Met up with the local awesome crowd, and did get to see Fancy & Cuttle! and of course! Kenny and Bernie! Super excited I got to see Bernie!

Bernie riding the Buell;

Awesome, awesome! can't say how much and amazing how my life has led me in so many directions to such good people. I just can't express. From Alabama, Georgia DOG's and WNC I just love this community of good peeps.