View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
PonyExpres
ScratchinMyAss

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbar28 View Post
As part of a week riding in the Italian Alps my friend Pete (tt100) and I visited the Moto Guzzi Museum in Mandello del Lario, Italy. Niether of us are Guzzi owners, but both would like to be someday.

The museum collection is a great bunch of bikes, in restored and unrestored condition. From the very first GP model through the racing bikes of the pre-war and post-war era, up to the modern v-twin bikes. You could easily spend the one hour they are open (M-F 3pm to 4pm) just looking at the variety of valve train arrangements MG has used over the years.

Someday I'm going to own a red Moto Guzzi. It has to be red, the ONLY correct color for a Guzzi, as you can see!

And while I'd like to have a Norge, I have a feeling that this is probably closer to my budget

Like my friend Mark who said he was going to buy an antique Lamborghini tractor he saw for sale for $8000, just because it was the only way he'd ever be able to truthfully say he had a Lambo!

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in looking at over 200 pictures Pete and I took, good shots, bad ones, duplicates, and the rest, they're all HERE!

Enjoy.

Jim
Thanks for posting those pictures. Not really a Guzzi guy but on the other hand I like any bike. Looked like an impressive collection with loads of eye candy. Two thmbs way up.
PonyExpres is offline   Reply With Quote