View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #10
PatrickM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselandon View Post
It's game on! I had everything I want for the bike picked out before I even bought it. Most of it from Touratech. Anyone have suggestions of real critical items? The first thing I get will be crash bars, skid plates, radiator guard, and maybe TKC80s? Unless there is a better off road tire. New windshield and hand guards are a must.
Here's my list: AltRider crash bars, MOD skid plate, MOD top rack, Touratech pannier rack, Touratech side stand plate.

I don't follow anyone (close) on dirt so not too worried about the radiator (and the plastic guard on it now look fine and I'm wondering how the aluminum ones will attach).

The windshield works fine for me, as does the stock seat.

The only thing that's a question mark are the Highway Dirt Bike hand guards - they don't fit the current bar ends we have so Paul is doing a one-off to see if he can make a set to work with the 2013 F700/F800GS (it's in the mail, got the confirmation).

Once I burn through the Anakees (which really shouldn't be long, ~2,000 miles right now) I'm going with some K60's because I do a lot of miles which include highway and twisties.

Oh yeah, pivot pegz.
PatrickM is offline   Reply With Quote