View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 3,178
Sold my GSA and am back on a KLR !!!

Took my first ride today on my new to me 2008 KLR 705.

I received it Thursday but put it on the lift table to sort out a few little issues it had before I rode it.

I have had a few gen 1 KLR's before, but never a gen 2, and they have appealed to me since they were introduced.

The GSA is an amazing road bike but I want to slow down and ride more dual sport and whenever I was on the GSA I always just ended up pounding pavement.

Secondly, I am paying down debt.I am tired of bills, and just want some simplicity in my life.I am going to leave the high tech, expensive bikes for the wealthy.

So, this is the start of a new adventure and lifestyle. "Less is more"

The first shake down ride went well and I am happy with the bike.
It will take a little while to adapt back to the thumper but I plan on dedicating to it as my everyday bike.

A pic from todays first ride.

UPDATE - 12/16/2013
This thread has developed into something a little different,as I just continued to post here, live from the road as I started to go on rides with the KLR.
Posting from the road is tough.You can't be as complete or creative due to time restraints,but posting from the road is exciting because it is real time.
So,now that this years rides are over I am going back over the reports and adding some pictures,thoughts I remember,and maps.
Hopefully I will get better and more creative at all of this as I go,and get more pictures in the future.
I am going to create a Index below(with a link to the page it starts on and the post # it starts on) with the Reports listed as I polish them up to the best of my ability so I can reflect back on the trip and hopefully you will enjoy it also.

2013 RIDE REPORTS
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 07:39 AM
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote