View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
Just GO! OP
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
One thing that I really enjoy is riding alone. Keeping my own pace I can ride hard or just relax and do a little sightseeing. I'm always on the watch for nice scenes like this......

or rusted out old relics like this.....

I don't know how many times I passed by this old drilling rig without ever seeing it. One day I just happened to glance over and there it was in all it's glory....

I'll see a nice subject that I want to photograph, turn around and pull off the road to get the picture.........

After that, since I'm already stopped, I'll start looking for other things of interest to photograph. Getting the "big picture" is one thing, being able to see the "little picture" is quite another. I was near Hills covered bridge just off SR 26 a few weeks ago and stopped for a while...................

After a few minutes I started looking around for the "little pictures".

Now this is what I mean when I talk about seeing the "little picture". Go back and look very closely at the picture of the bright yellow flowers again. There are 2 small bees and an even smaller crab spider on three of those flowers. Can you find 'em? I sure as hell didn't see them when I took the picture, but they're there.