View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #26
biodieselandon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnelson View Post
My 2010 doesn't seem to be rich. I've had it from 500' to 12000' and haven't noticed a mixture problem.

The gearing is tall for trail riding. I've been getting used to it, but along with the sensitive throttle make it behave like a R1200GS. The fix should be easy with a 15 tooth sprocket. The one I bought from TT had splines that weren't machined out enough and wouldn't slide on. Maybe try a Renthal 15T.

I have the TT desierto screen and like the adjust-ability. I have the TT big fuel tank too. I don't know if this bike really needs it. I have a solid 400 mile range though.
I figure eventually I will get a set of Excel wheels and have a different sprocket on the wheel so I can change between the wheels depending on what type of riding I am doing.

I really like the look of the desierto fairing and I will get that as soon as it comes out for the 2013 model (if it's any different).

The larger gas tank would be nice but can you use crash bars with it installed?

Also I read a lot of complaints about the suspension and how there is nothing you can really do about it. It seems pretty good to me, a little on the soft side. What is the best option for suspension upgrades?
"A clean GS is a dirty shame."
biodieselandon is offline   Reply With Quote