View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
TFB43 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFB43 View Post
Thank You Fred!

I am excited to get my wiring issue tidied up. The new 2013 F800 will not accept the switch for the r1200gs... But it will have a wiring harness designed specifically for it. You can view it on the Webetk bmw parts site. Since the part is so new techs are not sure of a retrofit. I have the r1200gs wiring harness on order. Going to look at it for a clean install. Also have the centek ap2 and wiring harness. Going to cost about the same, but the centek will give me the option to add other electric goodies. Purchased some posi tap connect stuff to get everything clean.
Bad idea for the 1200 wiring harness... Hacked into the harness and found making one was the way to go. The 1200 aux switch worked 3 times before it stopped. It was so much fun taking all the plastic off and routing the wires, the best part was getting them all back on and the switch not working. now I make a toggle box took the petty covering off of the factory harness attached it to my wiring and zip tied it all. So I have the factory switch and my funny plastic box switch. I love wasting money
TFB43 is offline   Reply With Quote