View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
FLICKIT OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Tasmania on a Tenere

I recently purchased a near new 2010 XT660Z Tenere, with 1900km on the clock... Now I've got a couple of rides under my belt I might as well start a thread to document my travels...

I'll start with a bit of back story:- Last year I got the urge to get back into riding after a 20 year break, I got a fairly clapped out Dominator and spent a heap of time repairing, rebuilding, and riding it over the last year... Being 20 years old there was always something to repair or replace on it, and I was sick of planning every ride around fuel stops and worrying about running out... It only has a 16L tank, larger tanks are rare, and it's a pain carrying extra fuel cans, I really don't like having fuel strapped to the outside of the bike....

There's a bit more background info in my Dominator ride report here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=753446
I've written about a lot of my day trips but they're scattered through the "Tasmanian Riders Hub" thread, I might tack them onto the above thread at some stage to conclude the "Dominator era"..

Anyway... I've been eying off these new Teneres' since getting the urge to ride again but the price tag turned me off... Then this basically brand new one appeared at a very good price so I had to have it...

After riding it 10km home my first impressions were: it's heavy, tall, the bars vibrate badly, and the wind buffeting around the screen is terrible... I figured I can live with or fix these concerns, and if not, I got it cheap enough to be able to sell without taking a loss...

Let the fun begin

(Don't expect too much, I'm not a good rider or a serious rider, I'm just a hack... and I'm certainly not a good writer or story teller)
FLICKIT is offline   Reply With Quote