View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,227
High Desert & Mountains: Plated Dirt Bike Adventures

Hi fellas... there is quite the variety of ADVENTURERS ON WHEELS on this site. All things seem to vary... bikes, terrain, mix of street / dirt & skill level. I've watched a lot of threads develop over the past few years. Many groups have found there niche' here on ADV.

But I thought there might be room for another that fits several of us High Desert Plated Dirt Bikers.

From Yucca Valley to Apple Valley to Ridgecrest there are many of us lurking here on ADV. We have plates on our dirt bikes and we consider ourselves adventurers, but we ride more dirt than street/road. The plate is a means to enter otherwise banned dirt bike heaven... and to stitch one good trail to the next with the least amount of flat road connectors as possible. We are the guys that save our valves, tires and oil from commuter miles by riding locally out of our back yards in the high desert to the foot hills and into the mountains. I am probably the newest of the bunch... but we have legends of riding knowledge here in the vast Mojave !

To some this is not at all the description of an Adventure Rider. To me strapping on a fresh 500cc ass ripping fire breathing dirt bike licensed to go just about any place my skills will allow is QUITE AN ADVENTURE !

I hope you guys will join me... we have much fun yet to have !

Guests are encouraged.

Jeff aka BOLT screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 09:53 PM
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote